French Dandelion Seeds
French dandelion is an improved variety that has larger leaves than the common dandelion. This strain features large tender, fleshy leaves. Dandelion leaves are very high in minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. The large leaves are ideal for spring salads or cooked like spinach. Dried and roasted dandelion roots can be used as a delicious coffee substitute. All parts of the dandelion are edible. Germination of French dandelion seeds can take from 7-21 days.
How to Grow Dandelions
- Grows best in full sun but will tolerate partial shade.
Dandelions will tolerate most soil types, although they prefer well-drained, fertile soil with a pH of around 7.5.
- Surface sow dandelion seeds, as they require light to stimulate germination.
- The optimal temperature for germination is 25 C.
- Space 6 inches apart.
- Dandelion seeds can take 7-21 days to germinate.
- Leaves will mature in 80-95 days.
Dandelions are perennial herbs and require very little maintenance. For fertilizing, the soil can be amended with compost or manure each year.
There are no reviews yet.